Thursday, August 12, 2010

Travel Blog Egypt take 2 Day 3-5

Wetsuits Drying on "Live-Aboard" Dive Boat in Straits of Gubal, Egypt Photographic Poster Print by Jean-Bernard Carillet, 48x64

So day 2 waking up in Egypt with croissants and rolls (blah) sufficed enough for me to be in reception checking out in time for my lift.
Even the reception guys talk about you with you in front of them. Really rude.
Women don’t work in Egypt, so the balance is really out in the work place.

So it turns out that the dude that was supposed to fetch me overslept and they had sent a taxi that the manager had paid for. I was not happy about this. I was told there would be someone to collect me and when a bunch of arabs all babbling trying to force me into some dodgy taxi I got hysterical.

They made me leave my (what was left of my) luggage on the pavement for me to confirm with the dude at reception that I was to go to the port in the taxi, I reluctantly got in.

Of course I am now kitted out in a baseball cap and sunglasses and never shall they leave my head.

The taxi driver tried to make some conversation, but gave up half way up the road.
I was not playing ball anymore.


He dropped me off at the port and luckily I had the number of the tour operator and I called him for further instructions.
He told me he was sending a guy.

I saw some dude stride past me and I thought I recognized him, but he did not look up and there were hundreds of westerners (Brits, Italians etc) getting into the port.

A phone call later, we met up and I was not allowed to go with him until I had spoken to the tour operator on his phone.
I was plonked on a boat and told to stay there. Some people got on and some got off, but the guy that met me at the port stayed there until the boat set sail. I was finally on my way to meet the rest of the crew.

YuGiOh GX American ULTRA Rare God Card Set of 3 Egyptian God Cards Slifer, Obelisk & Ra

No comments:

Post a Comment