Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolutions

The best topic of discussions being back at work has been what the year is holding for us going forward.

Everyone I know has suffered some kind of setback in 2010. No-one close to me has had a fantastic year, be in work, health, relationships...

So 2011 is set to be the next best thing to going vegan.

So for many years I have not made new years resolutions as such, rather trying to improve on aspects of my life and being every day / week / month.

General "I am going to be good to me and my body" resolutions have topped the list for the last 2 years.

This year however, I have quite a few things I would like to improve on.

Having been given and read the book "Skinny Bitch" I have vowed to eliminate as many animal products from my diet as I can possibly manage.

This is very hard to do, as eating out is a challenge in itself. The one vice I refuse to give up however, is Sushi. Sorry Mr Salmon, but you are on my hitlist! I did find out that Miso Soup is one of the healthiest meals you can consume. I have always had this as part of my sushi experience, but now I will have it every time I go.

The second vice I am eliminating for the month of Jan is booze. Now this is a serious commitment as my birthday is in Jan, so understand that this may take some serious control.

Thirdly, gymming more than 3 times a week is a must, with some added help from my friends. I am recruiting 2 friends to gym with to ensure this happens.

I have also committed to 2 new projects, opening a business with some friends and writing my first book.

These both have deadlines attached to them, so my time is going to be limited.

So the last resolution it to restrict and cull all unnecessary "friends", activities and guilt time that I give to people that I begrudge and rather spend this time on the people I love and care for.


2011 I am here to kick your butt!
BoYah!!

1 comment:

  1. A new year is a good thing because we all feel we can start fresh. 2011 is going to be all about me! Selfish as it sounds but I am going to spend it on things I love doing - art, gardening (my veg patch is looking fab!), family etc. I am done (at last) spending my precious time and money on studying and now I will spend it on shoes - sounds delicious to me. Have a wonderful new year and we must go shoe shopping sometime.
    Debs

    ReplyDelete